Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

    I've eaten a lot of chocolate chip cookies in my days. If you love them chewy, these are the best! My younger brother has been in Afghanistan for about a month now. I really didn't know what to expect when he told me he was leaving. I definitely didn't think I'd be able to talk to him while he was away! I really love hearing from him, he sends me snapchats and scares the crap out of me sometimes. I told my mom that I wanted to send him some homemade goodies in one of the care packages that she sends him, I think these cookies are going to take a trip next month! That's the great thing about this recipe, you freeze the dough. That way, you can just take out what you'd like to bake and save the rest. You're probably going to want to bake and eat them all though!


The Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 1/2 cup of shortening
- 1 and 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 4 and 1/3 cup of all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 (12 ounce) bag of chocolate chips
     In a stand mixer (or with an electric hand mixer) beat together the butter, shortening, dark brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Add in the eggs and vanilla, mix until combined. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Slowly incorporate the dry mixture into the wet mixture. Once combined, fold in the chocolate chips. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to form the cookies (you may need to refrigerate the dough for about an hour before forming the cookies). Place the formed cookies in a plastic bag and put them in the freezer for at least 2 hours. Once the cookies have frozen, remove the amount that you'd like to bake and place them on a cookie sheet that you've sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Make sure they are at least 3 inches apart. Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes. Hint: they are perfect right out of the oven! 


No comments:

Post a Comment