Friday, June 30, 2017

Sweet Cornbread

     I got to hang out with my mom in Ocala for a few days this week!  I helped out with St. John's superhero VBS! Luckly we were blessed by the school board providing the kids with breakfast and lunch all three days!  Hallelujah! That made my job a lot easier, I made a little lunch for the adults. Wednesday I decided I was going to make chili and cornbread! In all of the excitement, I forgot to pick up jiffy corn muffin mix! Luckly, mom had some cornmeal on hand and I set out to make some sweet cornbread from scratch! This recipe is going to be my new go to! Pastor Christine said it was the best cornbread she's ever had!! That is some pretty high praise!


Sweet Cornbread 

Ingredients: 
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of cornmeal
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 3 and 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder 
- 1 teaspoon salt 
- 1 cup of milk or half & half 
- 1 egg 
- 1/3 cup of oil (I used olive oil)
- 1 (14 ounce) can of whole kernel corn, drained
   Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Sift together the flour, corn meal, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and oil. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in the corn and pour batter into a greased 8x8 baking dish. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment