Monday, August 31, 2015

Taco Casserole

    It's been a while! I'll tell you, having two jobs takes a lot out of me! I actually made this taco salad two weeks ago and I'm just getting around to posting the recipe. Slacker!!! Life's been good though. Frankie and I just spent the weekend in Massachusetts for my cousin's wedding. It was amazing! I'm home now and resting for an extremely early morning tomorrow! So, this taco salad is super delish! I made it with ground turkey too. Super good and super easy!


Taco Casserole
Ingredients:
- 1 pound of ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 (16 ounce) can of refried beans 
- 1 (16 ounce) jar of your favorite salsa
- 1 package of taco seasoning mix
- 3 cups of coarsely broken tortilla chips
- 1/2 of a medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of sliced olives
- 1 cup of shredded lettuce
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet, over medium- high heat, brown the meat. Once thoroughly cooked, drain. Next, stir the refried beans, salsa, and taco seasoning into the meat. Reduce the heat to medium and heat to a low simmer. In a 9x13 baking dish, spread half of the tortilla chips. Top the chips with the beef mixture, diced bell pepper, half of the diced tomato, and the cheddar cheese. Bake for about 20 minutes or until bubbly and cheese has melted. Top with shredded lettuce, remaining tomatoes, and olives. Serve immediately. 



No comments:

Post a Comment