Friday, May 6, 2016

Banana Zucchini Bread

    I just love this banana bread recipe! No joke, I've made it 4 TIMES this week! well, I've tweaked it and possibly perfected it! It's just so fluffy and moist! I brought my first two batches to work on Wednesday. I'll be bringing the other two batches to church tomorrow. Along with my banana whoopie pies, they will be in the bake sale this weekend!


Banana Zucchini Bread
Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil, room temperature
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of grated zucchini
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts (optional)
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of a loaf pan with tin foil or parchment paper and spray well with cooking spray. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In the bowl of a stand mixer cream together the coconut oil and sugar. Add the bananas, egg, and vanilla. Next, add the flour mixture. Fold in the zucchini and walnuts. Once combined, pour mixture into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and center is no longer giggly. Let cool or enjoy warm.

Grating fresh zucchini!



No comments:

Post a Comment