Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Coconut Cookie Bars

    I found this recipe months ago after my visit to Massachusetts. My plan was to make it for my family while they were visiting for the wedding be cause my Uncle Phil loves coconut! Well, to my disappointment, he was unable to make the trip. That's ok, it didn't stop me from making it for him anyways! With a shortbread cookie bottom and a chewy coconut top, it's everything a coconut lover is searching for in a dessert! I bet it would be great with some melted chocolate drizzled on top!


 Coconut Cookie Bars
Ingredients:
  For the shortbread layer:
- 1 cup of butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  For the coconut layer:
- 2 cups of shredded coconut
- 1 (14 ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of coconut extract
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. In a bowl, mix together the butter, sugar, flour, and salt until the mixture resembles wet sand. Press this mixture into the bottom of prepared baking dish and make in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. While it is baking, mix together the coconut, sweetened condensed milk, egg, and extract. Once the bottom layer comes out of the oven, pour the coconut mixture over the top and gently spread evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Slice and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment