Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Whipped Buttercream Frosting

    I love cake. It's even better when it's covered with fluffy buttercream! I've been making this frosting for a long time now and it is my favorite. It's not healthy, but it tastes great! My secret is whipping the butter and shortening for several minutes with an electric mixer before incorporating the powdered sugar into the mix. Make sure it gets nice and fluffy before you start to add anything else. If you're looking for a frosting that is perfect for piping, you just found it. I made my friend Lauren a cupcake wedding dress for her bridal shower a few weeks ago and last week, I whipped some up for my Easter bunny cake!



Whipped Buttercream Frosting
Ingredients:
- 1 cup of salted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup of vegetable shortening
- 4 cups of sifted confectioners sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of heavy cream or half and half
    In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the butter and shortening. With the whisk attachment, whip for 4 to 5 minutes. Stop about a minute into mixing and scrape down the sides of the bowl.  Once the butter and shortening mixture is light and fluffy, slowly add in the confectioners sugar. Once combined, add the vanilla. Then, add in the cream one tablespoon at a time until you get your desired consistency. Frost your cake and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment