Friday, April 13, 2018

Roasted Tomato Basil Soup

    I didn't realize until about a week ago that I hadn't even posted a single blog in months! Shame on me! Well, not much has changed in 4 months... I'm 30 now! (ugh) Thing are good, life is good! My friend Olivia asked about the recipe for this tomato soup on my Instagram and I decided it was time to share it with the world! It's so simple and quick to make. I used Campari tomatoes this time, but I have used roma tomatoes before and it came out wonderful still.


Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
Ingredients:
- 1 medium onion (sweet or yellow) 
- 16 oz package of Campari tomatoes
- 15-20 large basil leaves
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can of crushed tomatoes
- 3 large bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated Parmesan
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Cut the onion into slices, cut the tomatoes in half, and lay both out on the prepared cookie sheet. Spray them with the cooking spray, top with the fresh basil, and bake them for about 15 minutes. Once the onion is tender, remove from the oven and add them to a large soup pot. Next, add the chicken broth and the crushed tomatoes to the soup pot. With an immersion blender, puree everything until smooth. Then, mix in the bay leaves, garlic powder, white pepper, salt, and pepper. Cover and bring the mixture to a simmer for about 30 minutes. If you would prefer your soup thinner, add more chicken broth. Serve warm, topped with parmesan.



No comments:

Post a Comment