Thursday, July 9, 2015

Cherry Chocolate Chip Blondies

    I had some friends over for dinner yesterday and tried a few new recipes out on their palates! For the main course, I made meatballs. But, not just any meatballs, Salisbury Steak Meatballs! I served them over mashed potatoes and they were delish! I paired them with some cabbage steaks and glazed carrots! For dessert, these Cherry Chocolate Chip Blondies! My uncle picked up a huge package of cherries while he was visiting over the weekend, I came upon this recipe and knew I had to make them!


Cherry Chocolate Chip Blondies
Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter, melted
- 1 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of flour
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of fresh cherries, pitted, and chopped into fourths
     Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 baking pan with tin foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix together the melted butter and brown sugar until combined. Mix in the egg and vanilla. Fold in the flour and salt until just combined. Lightly fold in the chocolate and cherries. Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown on top. Wait and let them cool for an hour after baking before slicing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment