Monday, July 13, 2015

Lemon Butter Cookies

    This recipe is so simple! It's basically a sugar cookie recipe with a little pop of lemon! I started my new job at Lockheed Martin last week, it's pretty tough. Getting up at 3 in the morning to make it to work by 4:30. It's definitely going to take some getting used to. I really like the people that I work with though, and I'm working in a kitchen. So, I am definitely in my element. I can't wait to try out new recipes with my new friends! I brought my lemon cookies in this morning so they could taste test them for me, I got two thumbs up!


Lemon Butter Cookies
Ingredients:
- 1 cup of butter at room temperature
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- the zest of one lemon (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- confectioners sugar for dusting
     Beat together the butter and sugar. Then, mix in the egg, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Slowly incorporate in the flour. Place the dough in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray. Remove from the refrigerator and roll dough into 1- 1 1/2 inch balls. Place on the prepared cookies sheet, about two inches apart. Lightly press down the cookies with the back of a fork and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bottoms start to become a golden brown. Remove from the oven and dust with confectioners sugar. 



No comments:

Post a Comment