Tuesday, September 29, 2015

The Best Chilled Spinach Dip

    A few weeks ago, some of my friends got together up at Ginnie Springs! They camp and party for days! Emphasis on the party! Even if I'm not camping, I always like to pop up there to see my friends, have a few drinks, and float down the Santa Fe River a couple of times! It's become something I look forward to every couple of months. This time in particular was our friend Nate's Dirty Thirty! I decided that spinach dip sounded like a good idea! Now, not to brag or anything, my friend Heather told me that this was the best spinach dip she had ever had! I took this as the highest of compliments! I'm so excited to finally share this recipe with you! I tried it with pretzels, amazing. Chips, delish. I even dipped celery into this amazing stuff!


The Best Chilled Spinach Dip
Ingredients:
- 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package or 2 cups of sour cream
- 2 (10 ounce) packages of frozen chopped spinach
- 3/4 cup of shredded parmesan
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of water chestnuts, diced
- 1 envelope of Knorr vegetable soup mix
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
    Thaw the spinach in a colander and pat dry with a paper towel. Remove as much moisture from the spinach as you can. Whip the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Mix in everything else. Let it sit for a few hours and then serve! I'm thinking this would be great in a bread bowl!


Dirty Thirty! Love these people!!



No comments:

Post a Comment