Saturday, October 3, 2015

Peanut Butter Bars

    Every other month our church youth group has a soup and sandwich luncheon fundraiser. I usually make something to help out. The adults bring the goods and the kids run the show with serving and clean up. This time around, I made two soups and a dessert! My Creamy Sausage and Cabbage Soup is definitely my fave. I tried my hand at a Lentil soup as well but, that didn't come out as good as I had hoped. I'll have to try that one again. I joke around and call these peanut butter bars Lunch Lady Bars lol! I remember when I was really little having something like these come on my school lunch tray! They're close to my Peanut Butter Bonbons! They're so easy that you make them in the microwave! You have to try these!


Peanut Butter Bars
Ingredients:
- 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups of confectioners sugar
- 1 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup of butter
For the frosting:
- 1 and 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (I like milk chocolate)
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter
    To start with the bottom layer, place the cups of butter and peanut butter into a microwave safe bowl. Warm them in the microwave for a minute. Remove and stir until creamy. You may have to pop them back in there for another few seconds. Mix the graham cracker crumbs and the confectioners sugar into the melted butter mixture. Spread it all into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan and pop it into the refrigerator. In a separate microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter for 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave, mix well, and repeat until the mixture is smooth. Take the pan out of the fridge and evenly spread the chocolate mixture on top. Pop the whole thing back in the fridge for about 30 minutes, slice, and serve.


Church Luncheon success! 



No comments:

Post a Comment