Sunday, January 10, 2016

Coconut Pecan Banana Bread

    My boyfriend is the greatest. My laptop has been broken for almost two weeks now. I think it took him like 10 minutes to take it apart, fix it, and put it back together. Hallelujah! I hope everyone had a great New Year's. Mine was pretty uneventful. I worked a lot at Carrabba's over the break. I found it hard to make everything I wanted to for the holidays this year, working two jobs takes a lot out of me. I did a lot of much needed resting. That being said, I had some left over pecans that I hadn't used and thought I would try this almost coffee cake like recipe. With some scrambled eggs and bacon, it was perfect for breakfast Saturday morning with my hunnie.



Coconut Pecan Banana Bread
Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil or melted
coconut oil
- 1 and 1/3 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup of shredded coconut
For the topping:
- 3 tablespoons of flour 
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons coconut
- 2 tablespoons of chopped pecans
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat together the yogurt, egg, bananas, and oil. Once combined, add the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, pecans, and coconut. Use a spoon to stir together until just combined and do not over mix. Pour into a greased 9x5 loaf pan. Next, combine all of the ingredients for the topping until it is crumbly and then sprinkle over the top. Bake for about an hour or until golden brown. I love it served warm with a little butter.


Enjoying my new French press.



No comments:

Post a Comment