Friday, March 10, 2017

Bridget's Creamy Coleslaw

    Isn't it the most beautiful coleslaw you've ever seen? I've had this recipe written out on a page from my server book and stuck on our fridge since September. I made it for our hurricane party and for my birthday cookout last weekend! It's so funny because I hated anything with mayo in it growing up. Needless to say, I am now a big fan and I love my coleslaw recipe! I like my coleslaw dressing to be thick and creamy. If you'd like yours to be a little bit more liquid, milk may be whisked in before you toss it. I would stick to whole grain mustard too, it really gives it something extra. This will be perfect for your cookouts all summer long!


Bridget's Creamy Coleslaw
Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup of whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 3/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of white or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of milk (optional)
- 1/2 of a large head of cabbage, thinly sliced into bite sized pieces
- 2 large carrots julienned into small pieces  
    First, mix together the dressing. Wisk together the mustard, sour cream, mayo, sugar, salt, pepper, vinegar, and milk (if using). Once combined, toss the cabbage and carrots in the dressing. Let chill and serve cold.



No comments:

Post a Comment