Friday, April 15, 2016

Baked Garlic Ricotta

    This is such an easy little appetizer! I whipped this up in minutes last night for my hunnie and I to enjoy with a glass of wine. I love popping out to the garden and snipping a few sprigs of fresh rosemary! It's funny because I never liked ricotta cheese. I've just recently started expanding my cheese horizons, I didn't know what I was missing! Served warm with crackers or toasted ciabatta, this recipe is a winner.


Baked Garlic Ricotta
Ingredients:
- 2 cups of whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 heaping teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of minced fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- ciabatta or crackers for serving
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a small baking dish with non stick cooking spray. In a bowl, mix together the ricotta, garlic, rosemary, olive oil, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Once completely combined, pour mixture into prepared baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the top starts to turn golden brown. Remove from the oven and top with additional rosemary and olive oil. Serve warm, spread on crackers or toasted ciabatta.


No comments:

Post a Comment