Friday, June 3, 2016

Homemade Chicken Bryan

    Two words: goat cheese. I'm a Carrabba's girl all the way. I enjoy my job and I love the food! This is Getting Bridgie With It's twist on my fave, Chicken Bryan! What is chicken bryan you ask? Well, it's grilled chicken topped with creamy goat cheese, basil, tomatoes, and lemon butter. You really can't go wrong! I just love how the tang of the cheese meshes with the fresh basil and lemon butter! The possibilities are endless people! I've tried it over grilled pork chops and steak, I love it all. I bet that lemon butter sauce would be pretty great over some grilled fish too!


Homemade Chicken Bryan
Ingredients:
- 2 pounds of chicken breast (I used tenders)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup butter, divided (1 and 1/2 sticks)
- 1/4 cup of minced onion
- 1 heaping teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of diced tomato
- the juice of one lemon
- 1 small bunch of fresh basil (about 1 heaping tablespoon when chopped)
- 1 (4 ounce) package of plain goat cheese
    Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken until cooked throughout. Before or while the chicken is cooking, prepare the topping. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and sauté the onion for about 4 minutes or until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the diced tomato, cook for another minute or two, and then add the lemon juice and basil. Cut the rest of the butter into small pieces and add to the saucepan. Heat until the butter has mostly melted. Take the pan off of the heat and stir until all of the butter has melted. Do not over heat the butter. You want to barely melt the butter, not cook it. If you overheat the butter, it will separate. Top the cooked chicken with pieces of the goat cheese. Then, top the goat cheese chicken with the sauce and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment