Saturday, January 3, 2015

Eggless Tiramisu

    I've never attempted making tiramisu without eggs before. At first, I wasn't impressed. But I think that is because I tried to jump the gun and slice into it before it had completely set. I've come to the conclusion that this is a wonderful alternative if you are not crazy about consuming raw eggs. Although, tiamisu is my favorite dessert and I'll always love the classic preparation.


Eggless Tiramisu
Ingredients:
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup, 8 ounces of Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of Amaretto or 2 teaspoon of almond extract
- 1 cup of espresso
- 1 package of lady fingers
- cocoa, for dusting
    Whip together the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla until fluffy. Add in the mascarpone cheese and amaretto. Dip lady fingers into espresso and layer the bottom of a 6x9 inch pan. I like to brew my own espresso. But, you could always use very strong coffee instead. Spread a layer, half of the cream mixture over lady fingers. Repeat with another layer of coffee soaked cookies and then top with the rest of the cream. Dust with cocoa powder and let sit for several hours in the refrigerator. Enjoy!













No comments:

Post a Comment