Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pork Chops with Garlic Leek Sauce

    I had a few leeks left from my sweet potato chowder that I made last week. I had never cooked with leeks before so I've been exploring uncharted territory! I was very happy with how this recipe came out! The recipe that I found for the leek sauce originally called for dried sage, but I was fresh out of sage at home. I did a little research and found that marjoram has a similar taste and I happened to have some handy. I used butterflied pork chops, but you could easily use any kind you'd like.


Pork Chops with Garlic Leek Sauce
Ingredients:
- 2 butterflied pork chops
- 2 teaspoons of marjoram, divided
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of heavy whipping cream
    In a small bowl, mix together 1 teaspoon of marjoram, rosemary, 1 teaspoon of minced garlic, and salt. Spread the mixture onto each pork chop, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 4 hours (or overnight). When ready to prepare, heat the coconut oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Sear the chops on each side for a few minutes (until browned). Remove the pork chops and set aside. Reduce the heat to medium and add the leeks to the skillet. Saute them for about 5 minutes, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Add in the minced garlic and saute for another minute. Next, add the broth and bring to a boil. Place the pork chops back into the skillet with the leeks. Cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the pork has thoroughly cooked. Remove the chops again and set aside to let them rest. Add the whipping cream and simmer (stirring constantly) until the sauce reduces (about 5 minutes). Pour over chops and enjoy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment