Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Blueberry Croissant Bake

    Today was a really icky rainy Florida morning. Don't get me wrong, it was in the 60's and it's mid-February so, I'm not complaining too much. But, I decided to make breakfast before embarking on my double shift at the Olive Garden. I love this recipe. French style croissants, creamy custard-like filling, and blueberries make the perfect breakfast, or dessert even! It kind of reminds me of the baked french toast that I made for Christmas, but better. My mom snuck a piece before I rushed out the door and when I got to work, I shared with a couple of co-workers. It definitely brightened our otherwise dreary, rainy day. 

 
Blueberry Croissant Bake
Ingredients:
- 4 or 5 medium sized french style croissants, cubed (5-5 1/2 cups) found in the bakery section of your supermarket
- 1 and 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of milk
- confectioners sugar for dusting
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Evenly distribute the croissant pieces in the baking dish and spread the blueberries on top. In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Gradually add in the milk and then pour mixture over the croissants and blueberries. Let sit for about 15 minutes and then bake for about 35- 40 minutes. Bake until golden brown and the center has set. Dust with confectioners sugar. I served it warm out of the oven, I'm sure it is great served chilled as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment