Friday, February 20, 2015

Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Squash

    I remember my mom making spaghetti squash growing up. I was always a picky eater when it came to vegetables. So, I would hear the word squash and it was all over. Nope. Not having it. Now that I'm getting older, I've discovered that there are so many things that I've been missing out on. One of those things is definitely spaghetti squash! 


Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Squash
Ingredients:
- 1 medium sized spaghetti squash
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup of water
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of basil
- 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
    Slice the squash in half and remove the seeds. Drizzle the inside with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place it in a microwave safe dish, sliced side down, with 1/4 cup of water in the bottom. Microwave, covered, on high for 15 minutes. In a medium sized pan, melt the butter and add the garlic, white pepper, and basil. When the squash has finished, take a fork and scoop out the spaghetti-like flesh of the squash and add to the butter mixture. Saute for a few minutes, add more butter if you think it needs it. Then, mix in the parmesan cheese and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment