Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Baked Brown Sugar Granola

    I spent the past weekend doing one of my all time favorite things to do, camping! Two days of partying with some of my best friends and my amazing boyfriend! Instead of the standard lunch meat and peanut butter sandwiches, I decided to make pulled pork with root beer. I whipped up a corn dip that I definitely need to make again just so I can take some pictures to blog! My phone was dead the whole weekend and we didn't have electricity! I whipped up some buffalo chicken pinwheels with tortillas, shredded chicken, and cream cheese! I even made my own granola and toasted my own coconut for my trail mix! Every trail mix should have chocolate chip cookies in it. I ate it for breakfast floating down the Santa Fe River! Talk about a beautiful morning!


Baked Brown Sugar Granola
Ingredients:
- 4 cups of old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large pot, over medium heat, melt the butter. Then, whisk in the sugar and water. Add the vanilla and cinnamon. Add the oats and mix well. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and spray lightly with non-stick spray. Spread the oat mixture onto the baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. Let the granola cool and break into chunks.





No comments:

Post a Comment