Saturday, June 20, 2015

Carrot Poke Cake

    Happy Father's Day to all of the dads out there! I've been on a poke cake kick lately. It started a few weeks ago with my banana cream pudding poke cake. Then, I went on a camping trip and I made two, a reeses cup and a strawberry jello poke cake. I've yet to be disappointed! My dad likes carrot cake so I made this carrot cake version for him this weekend!


Carrot Poke Cake
Ingredients:
- 1 boxed carrot cake mix ( and ingredients to make cake) or your favorite carrot cake recipe
- 1 box of cheesecake flavored pudding
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) tub of cool whip
- crushed graham crackers to top
    Prepare cake as directed in a 13x9 baking dish. Let it cool. With the back of a spoon, poke holes throughout the cake. Whisk together the pudding mix and milk. Pour the pudding over the cake and set in the refrigerator to chill. Meanwhile, beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar with an electric mixer. Then, whip in the cool whip. Spread the frosting on the cake and top with crushed graham crackers! 



No comments:

Post a Comment