Monday, December 8, 2014

Fudgy Butternut Squash Brownies

    I've always loved butternut squash. Add a little maple or cinnamon and I'm down! For Thanksgiving this year, I made a roasted maple bacon butternut squash recipe that I found on PaleOMG! Maple Bacon Butternut Squash. I left out the pecans, and it was still so good! We didn't even have sweet potatoes this year because we didn't need them! Craziness! Try this recipe! ^^

    I bought two whole squashes thinking that I wouldn't have enough for everyone. Little did I know, I'd be left with half of a squash and no idea what to do with it! So, I turned to Pinterest for ideas! Some of the recipes seemed kind of blah. Sooooo, I added more cinnamon and decided that it definitely needed to be frosted. The result? Chewy, chocolatey, cinnamon goodness!


Fudgy Butternut Squash Brownies
Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of butternut squash puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of chocolate chips (I used m&m's in my first batch!)


    Preheat your oven to 350 F. In your mixer, beat together the squash puree, eggs, and vanilla. Then, add the sugar. Combine well. Next, add flour, cocoa, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Once everything is mixed well, stir in your chocolate chips. Bake for 25-30 minutes in a greased 8" square pan.

Now for the frosting!
Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons milk

    In a mixing bowl, combine melted butter, milk and vanilla. Add cocoa powder and powdered sugar, mix until the consistency resembles a paste.



   Pour the frosting on top of the brownies the moment they come out of the oven so that it melts on top (I even put them back in the oven for a minute). And there you have it! Beautiful frosted butternut squash brownies!!



No comments:

Post a Comment