Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Garlic Hummus

    So, generally hummus is made with chick peas and tahini. I decided to leave out the tahini this go around. I'm crazy about hummus! My brother introduced me to it years ago and it's been a go-to snack ever since! It's a part of my meal prep mission. Since it's so ridiculously easy to make, I've decided I'm going to double this recipe and portion it out for snacks. I'm pretty impressed with this stuff. I love to eat hummus with cucumbers but, I'm positive that it would be great with some pita chips or carrots as well.


Garlic Hummus
Ingredients:
- 1 (15 ounce) can of garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- a pinch of salt
- paprika to sprinkle on top
    In a food processor, combine the chick peas, garlic, water, olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, and salt. Pulse and blend the mixture until it is smooth and creamy. Serve chilled with a sprinkle of paprika on top. 


No comments:

Post a Comment