Saturday, March 14, 2015

Strawberry Goat Cheese Bruschetta

    What do I do when I can't sleep at night? Well, last night I whipped up a balsamic vinegar reduction and drizzled it over some fresh strawberries and thyme. It definitely made me feel a tiny bit better about my insomnia.


Strawberry Goat Cheese Bruschetta
Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme leaves
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pound of fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 (4 ounce)package of goat cheese
- 1 small loaf of french bread, sliced and toasted
    In a small sauce pan, bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil and reduce to about half. For about 8- 10 minutes. Let cool. In a bowl, combine the strawberries, thyme, and cooled balsamic reduction. Spread the goat cheese on pieces of toasted bread, top with strawberry mixture, and top with salt and freshly ground pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment