Saturday, March 21, 2015

Party Margaritas!

    I've been on a margarita kick lately! I'm not usually a huge fan of tequila. I've decided that I prefer the white over the gold variety. This recipe is an ideal idea for parties! I wasn't sure about it because it calls for sprite and there isn't usually sprite in margaritas. But, let me put your worries to rest because it definitely tastes like a perfectly mixed margarita! Next time, I'm going to replace the lemonade concentrate with frozen strawberry daiquiri concentrate and make some strawberry margaritas!


Party Margaritas!
Ingredients:
- 1 (12 ounce) can of lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) can of limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup of confectioners sugar
- the juice of one lime
- 3 cups water
- 1 (2 liter) of sprite or your favorite lemon lime soda
- sliced limes for garnish
- tequila (I prefer Silver)
    In a bowl, wisk together the concentrates, sugar, lime juice, and water. If you're making this ahead of time like I did, put this mixture into a gallon Ziplock bag and let freeze for several hours. When you're ready to serve it, take the Ziplock out of the freezer and crush it until it looks like a slushy. Pour it into a large serving container, add the sprite, and desired amount of tequila. Top with the sliced limes and you're good to go. I used a 3 gallon beverage server and it filled it up a little over halfway. So, it's safe to say that it makes about a gallon and a half of margarita. 

No comments:

Post a Comment