Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Energy Bites

    I was looking for a snack that I can take to work every day. I think I've pulled my resources and created something pretty healthy and dangerously easy on the taste buds. Flaxseed is full of fiber and is believed to reduce the risks of heart disease, cancer, stroke, and diabetes! Chia seeds are also packed full of fiber and protein! The word chia actually derives from the Mayan "chiabaan", which means "strengthening"! Besides the super healthy stuff, I've thrown in some coconut and chocolate chips to mix it up a bit. Yummy!


Oatmeal Peanut Butter Energy Bites
Ingredients:
- 1 and 1/2 cup of quick oats
- 1/2 cup of toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup of milled flaxseed
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1/3 cup of honey
    In a medium sized bowl, spoon mix together the oats, coconut, flaxseed, chia seeds, and mini chocolate chips. Once combined, add the peanut butter and honey. Mix well and roll into bite sized balls. One or two of these little bites are probably a serving size, so repress the want to eat the whole batch lol. 



No comments:

Post a Comment