Friday, March 27, 2015

Black Bean Brownies

    I love cooking. But, baking is where my heart is. Since I'm on a low carb diet right now, my friends and loved ones are subject to my healthier alternatives as well! I wanted something chocolate on Wednesday and brownies sounded fantastic to me. I decided to try and trick the kids at youth group with this recipe. I didn't tell them that they weren't regular brownies, I just told them that I made them brownies! One of the middle school children stopped mid-chewing when I proudly announced to them that they were eating brownies that were made of beans! We had a nice laugh because she continued eating and told me they were delicious!


Black Bean Brownies
Ingredients:
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can of black beans
- 3 tablespoons of canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips, divided
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8x8 baking dish with non-stick spray. In a food processor, blend the black beans until smooth. Add in the oil, eggs, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Blend well until combined. Mix in 1/4 cup of the mini chocolate chips. Pour the mixture into prepared baking dish and top with remaining chocolate chips. Bake for about 30 minutes, until you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean. 


No comments:

Post a Comment