Monday, March 9, 2015

Stuffed Cinnamon Raisin French Toast

    Many years ago, while I was in college, I had the most amazing friend and roommate named Tina. Our first apartment was blocks away from the IHOP on 13th street. Tina landed a job there and we soon found that the serving industry could be quite profitable if you know what you're doing. By year two, she had gotten me a job there as well and we gained another awesome roommate who worked with us as well, Val! The point being, when I think of stuffed french toast, I think of IHOP! Their stuffed french toast is more of a stuffed cinnamon doughnut. I think I have the filling down though. You could definitely change it up and use different bread, or add some fresh berries into the cream filling. There's nothing better than layers of cinnamon french toast and cool cream cheese filling though! Sometimes, I miss our IHOP days and I definitely miss my ladies that made those day some pretty memorable ones!


Stuffed Cinnamon Raisin French Toast
Ingredients:
  Filling:
- 4 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of cool whip
  French toast:
- 8 slices of your favorite cinnamon raisin bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
    Start with the filling. In a small mixing bowl, cream together the cream cheese and sugar. Add the vanilla and cool whip. Set in the fridge and start the french toast. Whip together the eggs, milk, and vanilla. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Spray with non-stick spray. Lightly dip the bread in the egg mixture and cook in the skillet until golden brown. Repeat with all pieces of bread. Once finished, layer french toast and filling. It may not even need syrup! 



No comments:

Post a Comment