Monday, March 2, 2015

Bacon Brie and Pear Grilled Cheese Sandwich

    So, today is my 27th birthday! I invited my good friend Katrina over for lunch with my mom and I. While I was finishing up my Chickpea Cucumber Salad, my little brother showed up and surprised me! I made us all grilled cheese sandwiches full of bacon, brie cheese, onions, and pear! I will most definitely be making these again!


Bacon Brie and Pear Grilled Cheese
Ingredients:
- 1/2 of a ripe pear, thinly sliced
- 1/4 of a medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of butter, divided
- 4 large slices of brie cheese
- 3 large slices of cooked bacon
- 2 large slices of your favorite bread
    In a skillet, heat half of the butter and add the onion. Then, add the pear slices just to soften them a bit. Remove onion and pear from the pan. Spread butter on one side of both slices of bread. On medium heat, place one slice of bread, butter side down. Layer the onions, pear, cheese, and bacon. Place other slice on top, butter side up. Flip the sandwich when the bottom side is golden brown. When the top has browned and the cheese has melted it's finished. 



No comments:

Post a Comment