Monday, March 23, 2015

Low Carb Stuffed Bell Peppers

    So, I have a big wedding to attend at the end of the summer. My cousin is getting hitched and my family will be making the trip to Massachusetts! I'm super excited! Not only for my vacation, but for myself, I'd like to start eating a little better and shed some of this weight that I've been carrying around lately. This recipe is my first in my meal prep mission!


Low Carb Stuffed Bell Peppers
Ingredients:
- 3 medium sized bell peppers, I prefer green but, you could easily used red or yellow
- about 1/2 of a pound of lean roast beef, sliced and cut into small pieces 
- 6 slices of provolone cheese
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
    In a large pot, bring about 6 cups of water to a boil. Cut each bell pepper in half and remove the stems and seeds. Blanch the halved peppers in the boiling water for about 5 minutes. Remove them from the water and set them aside. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat a small amount of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, saute the onion and roast beef for a few minutes with some freshly ground black pepper. Place one slice of provolone cheese inside each half of pepper and place them on a baking sheet. Divide the onion and roast beef mixture into each pepper half and top with a bit of parmesan cheese. Place them into the oven for about 10 minutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment